Immigration Solicitors UK

Defending Rights and Delivering Results

Tel: 020 8681 5128   |   Fax: 020 8686 9776   |   Find Us ›

Contact Us

For help with immigration and visas please contact our Croydon Offices:

020 8681 5128

Online Enquiry

Find Us

Recent News RSS

9th March 2014

Challenging Decisions Refusing ‘Adult Dependant Relatives’ Entry Clearance to the UK

Barnes Harrild & Dyer, are specialist immigration solicitors based in Croydon. We write this Article ... Read more ›

7th January 2013

New Settlement Route for Commonwealth HM Armed Forces

Many will recall various accounts of Commonwealth citizen recruits in the British army being denied ... Read more ›

Tier 5 – Youth Mobility & Temporary Workers

Tier 5 Youth mobility

This category allows young people from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and Monaco  to live and work in the UK for a period of two years provided they are: A British Overseas Citizen; a British Overseas Territories Citizen; or British National (Overseas).

All applicants must apply for entry clearance.

An applicant must score 40 points in the attributes criteria and 10points in the maintenance criteria.

The following persons are ineligible in this category : -

  • Those who have previously stayed in the UK in this category or under the working holidaymakers scheme
  • Those with dependent children aged under 18 years

Tier 5  Temporary Workers

Those successfully applying in this category may work on a temporary basis in the UK for a period not exceeding 12 months.

Applicants may enter in any of the following categories : -

  • Creative or Sporting (individuals may come to the UK in order to perform as sports people, entertainers or creative artists)
  • Charity Workers (individuals may come to the UK undertake unpaid charity work)
  • Religious Workers (individuals may come to the UK to work as religious workers. Successful applicants can preach and undertake pastoral and non-pastoral work)
  • Government Authorised Exchange (individuals may come to the UK via approved schemes with the aim of sharing knowledge, experience and best practice)
  • International Agreement (individuals may come to the UK under contract in order to provide services covered under international law)

A person may apply from either inside or outside of the UK to enter in these categories.

In order to satisfy the Home Office requirements to enter the UK in these categories the applicant must score 30 points for possessing a valid certificate of sponsorship and 10 points for maintenance.

In addition, to apply under Tier 5 an applicant must have a sponsor, which is a UK based organisation that will provide the work in the UK.

Our team of dedicated immigration lawyers can advise and prepare applications for both potential sponsors and individual applicants.